1. Heat olive oil in a 6-quart cast iron pot. Saute the sofrito,
olives, tomatoe sauce, and cubed ham for 3 minutes.
2. Add the rice, water, adobo, sazon and gandules
3. Bring to a boil. Let boil for 3 to 4 minutes.
4. Cover, reduce heat to medium low, and cook for 50 minutes.
Tip: Do not use a lid with a vent that allows the steam to escape.
Never lift the lid while cooking.
5. When finished cooking, stir the rice before serving. It should
be light and fluffy.
Servings: 4 to 6
3 sprigs of cilantro
2 leaves of cilantro
1 head of garlic cloves
1/2 green pepper
Use a blender or food processor and mix all together.